Sunday, August 07, 2005

My Favorite Yoda (A Tribute)


Wow! 100 posts. Who would have though someone so small would be so prolific? How does he find the time to tell us all that goes on with his life and still have a life? (I bet that stupid intern of his is the one with the bleeding fingers and bloodshot eyes typing away till the wee hours of the morning while the little Jedi Master is snug in bed dreaming of...eh, whatever little green Jedi Masters dream of?)

So what can I say about Yoda that hasn't been said before, (and usually by himself)? I've always liked Yoda since the first day I met him. He never talked down to me. Perhaps it's because we're both almost the same height. But what are some of the things you may not know about the Jedi Master. Well, he taught me everything I know about chess. (I’ve yet to win one game with him, though.) He can bluff his way through a game of poker like no one else (except for maybe Han). And he makes a mean Mynock Gumbo. (No, really. The Mynock he puts in the boiling water are MEAN! They nearly ripped my face off when I tried to taste it.)

He’s even thrown me some business my way like the time he wanted a Dolly Parton droid to….eh? Oh, was I not supposed to mention that? Sorry. Client/seller confidentiality.

I was going to have this post of my top five Yoda posts for a week now. So how do I come up with my five all time favorite posts of his? It wasn’t easy let me tell you. They are all great but I think I’ve narrowed it down to these:

#5

July 10, 2005

Q-Tips, Door-Greeters, and Vidal Sassoon

Mistaken for a “Seeing eye monkey”! Something about that image has me howling.

#4

June 07, 2005

Beefcake Extravaganza

When people started leaving comments that Obi-Wan was cute, Yoda felt he had to oblige with his public’s request.

#3

May 15, 2005

The Many Faces of Windu

I just couldn’t control myself from laughing as I scrolled down. I love that kind of humor. Priceless.

#2

June 03, 2005

Call Me Do Not, Call You I Will

Not only is it one of the most hilarious Yoda-speak problems ever thought of, it also holds a special place in my heart for being my first Yoda blog that I ever read.

And finally #1

July 07, 2005

Dooku: The Reckoning, Smackdown on Springer

The events that brought about the whole Dooku/Yoda feud were great, but this all out ending is still my favorite of all time. Truly a classic.

Honorable mentions would have to include

June 13, 2005

Like Spiders I Do NOT!

Just for the picture alone.

June 30, 2005

Guest Poster: Mace Windu [Topic: My Beautiful Shiny Head]

But would this be considered one of his? It matters not. Still hillarious it is.

And the whole missing ducky/potty board that stretched from July 18-22. All of which had me in stitches.

What will the next hundred posts bring? Who knows. But I’ll keep reading them.

(Maybe we’ll finally learn just what race he is?)


...now that I've sufficiently sucked up, can I borrow your hot speeder for the weekend, Master Yoda?

4 comments:

Master Yoda said...

*Sniff* Touched I am.

What, Young Skywalker? In my eye something is! Alone leave me!

JJ - The last time that my airspeeder you borrowed, brownie stains on the carpet I found. Brownie stains those were, weren't they? Please tell me from brownies, those stains were.

Dinorider d'Andoandor said...

but you're almost as little as master Yoda... why can't you be as profilic as him?

Jawa Juice said...

dinorider- oh, I wish I could.

Shaak ti- The call was out for a whole week when I started up the Survivor game. I was going to stop a 16 people, (looking back, I should have stopped sooner)It filled up before your name could get in. I'm sorry.

Anonymous said...

100 postings!??! Is there a celebration party of some sort for the little Y man? Perhaps 100 shots for 100 postings. How about some cake?